BMW Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

BMW releases full details for new X1 SUV

 
notlove
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2009

The next couple of years will be very busy for BMW as it launches
handful of new models including new versions of current top sellers an
some models we’ve never seen before. The new X1 falls into the latte
category and will take the carmaker into the compact SUV marke
currently dominated by the likes of the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V.
[image
http://www.motorauthority.com/conten...1-630x360.jpg]
The X1 has been conceived with the flexibility to offer traditional RW
and xDrive AWD configurations, as well as a wide variety of petrol an
diesel powertrain choices. It will debut in Europe this fall with
choice of four engines - one petrol and three diesels - and will b
available in both RWD and AWD. The most efficient of the range, the RW
sDrive18d achieves fuel economy of up to 45.2mpg (5.2L/100km) whil
still being capable of reaching speeds of up to 124mph.

It was also revealed today that the X1 will go on sale in the U.S. i
2011, likely with two new petrol engines.

Every X1 will also be available with BMW’s EfficientDynamics technolog
helping to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions. These will includ
brake energy regeneration, engine stop-start technology and a gearshif
point indicator.

The initial model range will include the 258hp (190kW) and 228lb-f
(310Nm) of torque xDrive28i 3.0L petrol model, which can accelerat
from 0-62mph in 6.8 seconds and reach a top speed of 127mph whil
returning fuel economy of 25mpg (9.4L/100km). This is followed by
204hp (150kW) and 295lb-ft (400Nm) of torque xDrive23d, a 177hp (130kW
and 258lb-ft (350Nm) of torque xDrive20d and sDrive20d, and finally
143hp (105kW) and 236lb-ft (320Nm) of torque xDrive18d and sDrive18d.

BMW family traits can also be found in the styling of the front an
rear lights, which resemble the recently revealed 5-series GT and th
7-series sedan, respectively. The shots also confirm that BMW designer
have stuck closely to the lines of the Concept X1 showcased at las
year’s Paris Motor Show.

Three full-sized seats in an elevated position at the rear offe
generous space and the backrest is adjustable for angle and folds dow
in a 40/20/20 split. Luggage compartment capacity may be increased fro
420 litres/14.7 cu ft to a maximum of 1,350 litres/47.3 cu ft. A
electrically operated Panorama glass roof is available as an option.

Production volume is expected to top the 100,000 mark and will tak
place at a BMW plant in Leipzig. The X1 will be priced higher than th
1-series, likely starting close to the $30,000 mark, and will b
revealed for the first time in the metal at September’s Frankfurt Moto
Show.


*Source: http://car.ohbabe.info/ver2/?cmd=act:news|newsid:2883


--
notlove
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
R. Mark Clayton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2009
Looks familiar: -

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...t_20080224.jpg

sort of a dog kennel on wheels...

"notlove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> The next couple of years will be very busy for BMW as it launches a
> handful of new models including new versions of current top sellers and
> some models we've never seen before. The new X1 falls into the latter
> category and will take the carmaker into the compact SUV market
> currently dominated by the likes of the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V.
> [image:
> http://www.motorauthority.com/conten...1-630x360.jpg]
> The X1 has been conceived with the flexibility to offer traditional RWD
> and xDrive AWD configurations, as well as a wide variety of petrol and
> diesel powertrain choices. It will debut in Europe this fall with a
> choice of four engines - one petrol and three diesels - and will be
> available in both RWD and AWD. The most efficient of the range, the RWD
> sDrive18d achieves fuel economy of up to 45.2mpg (5.2L/100km) while
> still being capable of reaching speeds of up to 124mph.
>
> It was also revealed today that the X1 will go on sale in the U.S. in
> 2011, likely with two new petrol engines.
>
> Every X1 will also be available with BMW's EfficientDynamics technology
> helping to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions. These will include
> brake energy regeneration, engine stop-start technology and a gearshift
> point indicator.
>
> The initial model range will include the 258hp (190kW) and 228lb-ft
> (310Nm) of torque xDrive28i 3.0L petrol model, which can accelerate
> from 0-62mph in 6.8 seconds and reach a top speed of 127mph while
> returning fuel economy of 25mpg (9.4L/100km). This is followed by a
> 204hp (150kW) and 295lb-ft (400Nm) of torque xDrive23d, a 177hp (130kW)
> and 258lb-ft (350Nm) of torque xDrive20d and sDrive20d, and finally a
> 143hp (105kW) and 236lb-ft (320Nm) of torque xDrive18d and sDrive18d.
>
> BMW family traits can also be found in the styling of the front and
> rear lights, which resemble the recently revealed 5-series GT and the
> 7-series sedan, respectively. The shots also confirm that BMW designers
> have stuck closely to the lines of the Concept X1 showcased at last
> year's Paris Motor Show.
>
> Three full-sized seats in an elevated position at the rear offer
> generous space and the backrest is adjustable for angle and folds down
> in a 40/20/20 split. Luggage compartment capacity may be increased from
> 420 litres/14.7 cu ft to a maximum of 1,350 litres/47.3 cu ft. An
> electrically operated Panorama glass roof is available as an option.
>
> Production volume is expected to top the 100,000 mark and will take
> place at a BMW plant in Leipzig. The X1 will be priced higher than the
> 1-series, likely starting close to the $30,000 mark, and will be
> revealed for the first time in the metal at September's Frankfurt Motor
> Show.
>
>
> *Source: http://car.ohbabe.info/ver2/?cmd=act:news|newsid:2883*
>
>
>
>
> --
> notlove



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool 2009 Toyota iQ Details! Can't miss to see A General Motoring 0 10-30-2008 04:37 PM
Will BMW build a 7-8 seater SUV? Jason General Motoring 16 01-06-2005 10:09 PM
Your suggestoin for a SUV GoodLuck General Motoring 157 10-15-2004 10:10 AM
Song from SUV commercial daniel cairns General Motoring 3 01-28-2004 01:28 PM
Volvo SUV vs. BMW SUV VV General Motoring 4 01-25-2004 01:40 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:15 AM.